I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
The cartridge may not be seated properly, and may need to be reseated.
- Turn on your product.
- Lift up the scanner unit until it clicks.
- Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.
- Make sure the yellow tape from the base of the cartridge is removed.
- Insert the cartridge into the holder again and push it down until it clicks into place. (If cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.)
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
- Lower the scanner unit and select Completed on the LCD screen. The print head moves to its home position and the printer starts charging the ink. This take about 90 seconds. When you see a confirmation message on the screen, ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the product while the power light is flashing or you will waste ink.
Published: 13-Apr-2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!