My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- Adjust the print quality in the product software.
- You may need to refill the ink. Visually check the ink levels.
- If you have not used the product for a long time, run the Power Cleaning utility.
Note: Power Cleaning consumes a lot of ink, so run this utility only if you cannot improve print quality by cleaning the print head.
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Print Head Nozzle Check
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Refilling the Ink Tanks
Paper or Media Type Settings - Printing Software