My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- Adjust the print quality in the product software.
- If you continue to see horizontal bands or streaks in your printouts after cleaning the print head and adjusting the print quality, make print quality adjustments for each paper type.
- You may need to replace an ink pack.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Removing and Installing Ink Packs
Paper or Media Type Settings - Printing Software
Published: 11-Oct-2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!