I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it from the rear feed slot or cassette. Reload it, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette. Make sure to load only one sheet at a time in the rear feed slot.
- Be sure to insert the paper cassette all the way into your product.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Run the paper guide cleaning utility to clean the paper roller.
- Clean the roller inside the printer to remove any dust on the paper path.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
- Use long-grain paper. If you are not sure what type of paper you are using, check the paper packaging or contact the manufacturer to confirm the paper specifications.
Paper Jam Problems in the Front of the Product
Paper Jam Problems Inside the Product
Paper Jam Problems in the Rear Cover
Published: 2-May-2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!