How do I reset the ink level for my product?
If you refilled the ink tank but the ink level shown in the printer software is still low, you can reset the ink level from the product's control panel by following the steps below.
Note: The product has a low ink alert system. The accuracy of this system depends on the user refilling the ink tank correctly. The product cannot directly measure the ink level in the tank; instead it estimates the amount of ink remaining by internally monitoring ink usage. The low ink alert system may generate inaccurate messages if the ink tank is not refilled according to the instructions in the product's User's Guide.
As a precaution, perform regular visual inspections of the ink tank to ensure the ink level does not fall below the lower line. Continued use of the product when the ink level is below the lower line on the tank could damage the product.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Maintenance and press the OK button.
- Press the left or right arrow buttons to select Reset Ink Level and press the OK button.
- Press the start button, then press the OK button twice.
- Press the button to reset the ink levels, then press the OK button when the reset is complete.