How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
Note: Make sure the power light is off before unplugging the power cable. Otherwise, the print head does not return to the home position which can cause the ink to dry and may prevent the product from printing.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Open the printer cover and secure the ink cartridge holder to the printer as shown.
- Close the printer cover.
- Lower the control panel and close all of the trays as shown.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product. Make sure the box adequately protects the product control panel.
Note: The printer is heavy and should always be carried by two or more people. When lifting the printer, place your hands in the positions as shown. Otherwise, the printer may fall or you may trap your fingers when placing the printer. Do not tilt the printer more than 10 degrees; otherwise the printer may fall.
- After unpacking the product, be sure to remove all of the tape.
Keep the product level during transportation. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.