How do I restore my original fax settings?
Resetting Control Panel DefaultsIf you have a problem with settings on the product control panel, you can reset them to their factory defaults. You can choose which settings to reset or reset them all.
Note: This setting can be locked by an administrator. If you cannot access or change this setting, contact your administrator for assistance.
Note: This product automatically stores names, telephone numbers, and fax data (models equipped with an optional fax board) in its internal memory log when faxing or emailing jobs. This product also contains an encrypted hard drive that is used for storing large and/or authenticated print, copy and scan jobs. You may erase data stored on the encrypted hard drive by following the steps outlined in the link below or in the Administrator's Guide. It is recommended that data is erased before disposing or giving away the product.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Settings > General Settings > System Administration > Reset.
Note: You may need to enter the administrator password.You see a screen like this:
- Select one of these options:
- Network Settings: Resets all network settings
- Copy Settings: Resets all settings for copying
- Scan Settings: Resets all settings for scanning
- Fax Settings : Resets all settings for faxing
- Erase All Data and Settings: Resets all control panel settings including the contacts list. Select from High Speed, Overwrite, or Triple Overwrite
Note:High Speed erases the data on the hard drive. The Overwrite and Triple Overwrite options also overwrite any invalid data in the hard drive. Overwrite takes about 60 minutes to complete and Triple Overwrite takes about 280 minutes to complete.
- Select Yes to reset the selected settings. (Select No if you want to cancel the operation.)