I cannot scan over a network. What should I do?
If you have problems scanning over a network with Epson ScanSmart, try these solutions:
- Make sure the computer and scanner are connected to the same network (or network segment/VLAN).
- Move the scanner and computer or smart device closer to the router or access point.
Note: If you are using a 5 GHz wireless router, set the router to operate in dual band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) mode. If your router uses a single network name (SSID) for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band, give each band its own network name (SSID) instead, such as Home Network 2.4 GHz and Home Network 5 GHz. See your router documentation or contact your internet service provider for instructions.
- If you cannot scan from your product control panel, make sure you restarted your computer after installing the scanning software. Make sure the Event Manager program is not being blocked by your firewall or security software.
Note: For detailed instructions on scanning with Epson ScanSmart, see the help information in Epson ScanSmart.
- If you are scanning a large original at a high resolution, a network communication error may occur. Try scanning again at a lower resolution.
- If network communication was interrupted while starting Epson ScanSmart, exit Epson ScanSmart, wait a few seconds, and restart it. If Epson ScanSmart cannot restart, turn off your scanner, turn it back on, and try starting Epson ScanSmart again.
- You may need to disable the firewall and any anti-virus software on your wireless router or access point.
- If you see the message "Network product is not available: currently being used by user", there may be a communication error between the scanner and computer. Restart the scanner.
- If the scanner and computer cannot communicate and are connected to the same network (or network segment/VLAN), the privacy separator on your router must be disabled. Follow the instructions in your router documentation to disable the privacy separator.
Starting a Scan Using the Product Control Panel
Starting a Scan Using Epson ScanSmart
Starting a Scan Using the Epson Scan 2 Icon