How do I refill the ink tanks?
Make sure you have a new ink bottle handy and have read the ink safety precautions before you begin.
You can continue to use the product even if one or more ink tanks are not filled all the way. However, for the most accurate ink level monitoring, fill all the ink tanks up to the upper line.
Note: The product has a low ink alert system. The accuracy of this system depends on the user refilling the ink tanks correctly. The product cannot directly measure the ink levels in the tanks; instead it estimates the amount of ink remaining by internally monitoring ink usage. The low ink alert system may generate inaccurate messages if the ink tanks are not refilled according to these instructions.
As a precaution, perform regular visual inspections of the ink tanks to ensure ink levels do not fall below the lower line. Continued use of the product when the ink level is below the lower line on the tank could damage the product.
If ink spills, wipe it off immediately with a damp towel to avoid permanent stains. If ink gets on your clothes or belongings, it may not come off.
- Turn on your product.
- Lift up the scanner unit until it locks into place.
- Open the ink tank cover, then open the cap for the ink tank you are going to fill.
- Hold the ink bottle upright and slowly turn the bottle cap to remove it.
Do not shake or squeeze the ink bottle. Do not touch the top of the bottle after its cap is removed.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out immediately. Seek medical advice if problems persist. Keep the ink bottles out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Insert the ink bottle into the filling port and wait for the ink to fill the tank. Do not squeeze the bottle. Ink flows into the tank and stops automatically when the ink is filled to the upper line.
Note: Refer to the color-coded sticker on the ink tank unit to identify the color of each tank. Do not force the bottles into position; they are keyed for each color.
Note: If ink does not flow from the bottle, lift and reinsert the bottle.
- When the ink tank is full, remove the ink bottle and securely close it with the cap.
Note: If any ink remains in the bottle, store the bottle upright for later use.
- Close the ink tank cap.
- Repeat the previous steps as necessary for each ink tank you need to refill.
- Close the ink tank cover.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Select Maintenance > Fill Ink and follow the on-screen instructions to reset the ink levels.
Note: Make sure you reset the ink levels for all inks you refilled; otherwise, you may get an error message or the ink levels won't change on the LCD screen.
Purchase Epson Ink and Maintenance Box
Checking the Ink Levels on Your Product