I refilled the ink tanks after they were expended, but my nozzle check pattern still prints with gaps. What should I do?
The ink tubes may need to be filled with ink. Flush the ink tubes as instructed below.
Power Cleaning Using the Product Control PanelYou can run a Power Cleaning using the control panel on your product.
Note: After a Power Cleaning, you must turn off the product and wait at least 12 hours before printing a nozzle check pattern and running another Power Cleaning or Print Head Cleaning.
- Make sure there are no errors on the LCD screen and the CD/DVD tray is not inserted for printing.
- Load a few sheets of plain paper in Cassette 2 (lower).
- Select the home icon, if necessary.
- Select Maintenance > Power Cleaning.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed. The power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on until the nozzle check pattern is printed. After the nozzle check pattern is printed, you see a message on the screen.
Never turn off the product or open the scanner unit during a cleaning cycle or you may not be able to print.
If the print quality did not improve, turn off the product and wait at least 12 hours before printing another nozzle check pattern and running another Power Cleaning or Print Head Cleaning.
If the print quality does not improve after running the Power Cleaning utility multiple times, contact Epson for support.