My copies have incorrect or faint colors. What should I do?
If your copies have incorrect, uneven, smeared, or faint colors, try these solutions:
- Run a print head nozzle check to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Do not press too hard on the original when you copy from the scanner glass.
- Clean the scanner glass with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth or use a small amount of glass cleaner on the cloth, if necessary. Paper towels are not recommended.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the scanner glass.
- If the colors are smeared, try lowering the copy density setting on the LCD screen.
- Make sure your paper is not curled.
- When vertical banding appears or the paper is smeared, clean the paper path.
- When horizontal banding appears or the top or bottom of the paper is smeared, load paper in the correct direction and slide the edge guides to the edges of the paper.
Published: 9-Sep-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!