How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it some distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- When storing or transporting the printer, place the printer in the plastic bag and fold it closed.
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- When storing or transporting an ink bottle after removing its seal, do not tilt the bottle and do not subject it to impacts or temperature changes. Otherwise, ink may leak even if the cap on the ink bottle is tightened securely. Be sure to keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap, and take measures to prevent ink from leaking when transporting the ink bottles.
- Do not put opened ink bottles in the box with the product.
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
Note: Make sure the print head is capped properly to prevent the ink from drying.
- Turn off the product.
- Open the front cover and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move to the far right, then turn the product off again.
- Make sure the power light turns off, and then unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper.
- Open the ink tank cover and make sure that the ink tank caps are securely closed as shown.
- Close the ink tank cover.
- Close the paper support, feeder guard, and output tray.
- Place the printer in the plastic bag and fold it closed. Pack the printer in its box using the protective materials.
If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment