How do I attach a scanned image to an email with Epson ScanSmart?
Open Epson ScanSmart and follow the instructions below.
Attaching a Scan to EmailYou can attach a scanned image to an email as a file attachment.
Note: Your email app and account settings should be configured before scanning. You must install a MAPI-type email program such as Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Entourage, or Mac Mail. Attach to Email only supports 32-bit MAPI-compatible mail apps. Web-based email services such as Gmail are not supported. If you see an error message, your email app may not be compatible and you will need to save the scans and manually attach the file to an email.
- Make sure your originals are scanned and reviewed. See the link below.
- In the Select Action window, click Attach to Email. You see a screen like this:
- Change the settings as follows:
- The document type and scan date for the file name are automatically detected. You can change them as necessary.
- You can save the scanned image in a variety of formats. If you select Searchable PDF as the File type setting, you can select the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) language.
- If you also want to save a copy of the scanned image to your computer, make sure the checkbox is selected and select the folder on your computer in which to save the file.
- Click Attach to E-mail. Your email program opens with the file attached to a new email.
Scanning a Document or Photo in Epson ScanSmart