My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. See below.
Cleaning Your ProductTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Close the output tray and front cover when you are not using the product to protect it from dust.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Use a soft, moist, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
Do not use a dry cloth to clean the rollers.
- Close the ADF cover.
- Open the document cover.
- Clean the scanner glass with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended), moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
- Close the document cover.
- Open the ADF cover and raise the ADF input tray.
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the transparent part on the underside of the ADF input tray.
- Close the ADF input tray.
- Clean the outer case and control panel with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use liquid or chemical cleansers.
Published: 8-Apr-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!