My copies have incorrect or faint colors. What should I do?
If your copies have incorrect, uneven, smeared, or faint colors, try these solutions:
- Run a print head nozzle check to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Do not press too hard on the original when you copy from the scanner glass.
- Clean the scanner glass with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth or use a small amount of glass cleaner on the cloth, if necessary. Paper towels are not recommended.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the scanner glass.
- Clean the ADF.
- Wipe any dirt or dust off of your originals.
- If the colors are smeared, try lowering the copy density setting on the LCD screen.
Published: 14-Oct-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!