How do I refill the ink tanks?
Make sure you have a new ink bottle handy and have read the ink safety precautions before you begin.
You can continue to use the product even if one or more ink tanks are not filled all the way. However, for the most accurate ink level monitoring, fill all the ink tanks up to the upper line.
Note: The product has a low ink alert system. The accuracy of this system depends on the user refilling the ink tanks correctly. The product cannot directly measure the ink levels in the tanks; instead it estimates the amount of ink remaining by internally monitoring ink usage. The low ink alert system may generate inaccurate messages if the ink tanks are not refilled according to these instructions.
As a precaution, perform regular visual inspections of the ink tanks to ensure ink levels do not fall below the lower line. Continued use of the product when the ink level is below the lower line on the tank could damage the product.
If ink spills, wipe it off immediately with a damp towel to avoid permanent stains. If ink gets on your clothes or belongings, it may not come off.
- Turn on your product.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Maintenance.
- Select Fill Ink.
- Read the filling ink precautions on the LCD screen and press Proceed.
- Open the ink tank cover.
- Open the ink tank cap.
Note: Refer to the color-coded sticker on the ink tank unit to identify the color of each tank.
- Hold the ink bottle upright and slowly turn the bottle cap to remove it.
Do not shake or squeeze the bottle. Do not touch the top of the bottle after its cap is removed.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out immediately. Seek medical advice if problems persist. Keep the ink bottles out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Align the top of the ink bottle with the filling port, and then insert it straight into the port.
Note: Do not force the bottle into position; each bottle is keyed for each color.
- Wait for the ink to fill the tank. Do not squeeze the bottle or allow it to contact any surface. Ink flows into the tank and stops automatically when the ink is filled to the upper line.
Note: If ink does not flow from the bottle, lift and reinsert the bottle.
- When the ink tank is full, remove the ink bottle and securely close it with the cap.
Note: If any ink remains in the bottle, store the bottle upright for later use. Do not leave the ink bottle inserted; otherwise the bottle may be damaged or ink may leak.
- Close the ink tank cap.
- Close the ink tank cover until it clicks.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set the ink level of the color of the ink you refilled.
Note: Even if you do not refill ink up to the upper line on the ink tank, you can continue using the printer. To keep your printer operating at its best, however, fill the ink tank up to the upper line and reset the ink level immediately.