How do I check my product’s network status?
You can use a web browser to check the operating status of the product with the product’s built-in Web Config Utility, or you can print a network connection report to diagnose connection problems with the product on your network. See below.
Accessing the Web Config UtilityYou can select your product's network settings and confirm its operating status using a web browser. You do this by accessing your product's built-in Web Config utility from a computer or other device that is connected to the same network as your product.
Note: You can also access the Web Config utility from the product information area in the Epson Smart Panel app.
- Print a network status sheet.
- Locate the IP address for your product that is listed on the network status sheet.
- On a computer or other device connected to the same network as your product, open a web browser.
- Enter your product's IP address into the address bar.
Note: The printer uses a self-signed certificate when accessing HTTPS. This may cause a warning message when you access Web Config. This does not indicate a problem and can be ignored.
- On the first visit to the Web Config utility, you will be prompted to set an administrator password. The administrator password is required to access the full capabilities of the Web Config utility. The default password is the product's serial number. Check the label on your product to locate the serial number.
Printing a Network Status Sheet
Changing the Administrator Password in Web Config
Printing a Network Connection ReportYou can print a network connection report to view solutions to any problems you may have using your product on a network.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the Settings and press the OK button.
- Press the OK button to select General Settings.
- Use the down arrow button to select Network Settings and press the OK button.
- Use the down arrow button to select Connection Check and press the OK button.
- Use the arrow buttons to select Print Check Report and press the OK button.
- Press the OK button to select Print.
Published: 14-Oct-2022 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!