My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head. If print quality does not improve after aligning the print head, disable the bidirectional (high speed) setting.
- Adjust the print quality in the product software.
- Clean any dust or dirt from your originals.
- When vertical banding appears or the paper is smeared, clean the paper path.
Print Head Maintenance
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
Selecting the Paper Settings - Control Panel
Replacing Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Boxes
Published: 8-Dec-2022 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!