My scanning software doesn't work properly in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
If your scanning software does not operate correctly, try these solutions:
- Make sure your computer has adequate memory and meets the system requirements for your operating system.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart your scanning software.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall your scanning software, try reinstalling it.
- In Windows, make sure your product is listed as a valid device in the Scanners and Cameras control panel.
- Make sure the power cord is connected and the product is turned on.
- When scanning multiple originals using Epson ScanSmart, make sure there is a gap of at least 0.8 inches (20 mm) between the originals.
- Use the Epson Scan 2 Utility on your computer to reset the scanner software settings. If resetting the settings does not solve the problem, uninstall and reinstall the scanner software.
Published: 8-Dec-2022 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!