How do I run a cleaning cycle from the product's control panel?
You can clean the print head using the control panel on your product.
- Load roll or cut sheet paper in the printer.
- Make sure the correct paper type is selected.
- Select > Maintenance > Print Head Cleaning.
- Select one of the following:
- To clean all nozzles, select All Colors.
- To clean specific nozzle pairs, select them.
- Select OK to start the cleaning cycle. When the cleaning cycle is finished, a confirmation screen appears.
Never turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.
- Select Yes to print a nozzle check pattern.
- Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
Print head is clean
Print head needs cleaning
- Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head, check the nozzles, and repeat the process as necessary.
Cleaning the Print Head Using a Computer Utility
Checking the Nozzles Using the Product Control Panel
Running a Power Cleaning Using the Product Control Panel
Removing and Installing Ink Cartridges
Published: 6-Jul-2022 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!