How do I clean the auto sheet feeder?
If ink smears on a printout when printing from the auto sheet feeder (especially on glossy paper), you can clean the auto sheet feeder roller to remove excess ink.
Note: If ink smears when printing on glossy paper, we recommend printing individual cut sheets one at a time instead of using the auto sheet feeder.
- Load a few sheets of plain paper in the auto sheet feeder.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Settings > Maintenance > Paper Guide Cleaning. You see a screen like this:
- Select Start to clean the paper guide. The paper is ejected.
- Check the ejected paper to see if it is clean.
- If you see ink smears, press and hold Run Again. Repeat until there is no more ink on the ejected paper.
- If there is no ink visible, select Done.
Loading Paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder
Published: 14-Apr-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!