How do I print a nozzle check pattern?
Checking the Nozzles Using the Product Control PanelYou can check the print head nozzles using the control panel on your product.
- Make sure roll paper or cut sheet paper is loaded in the printer.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Settings > Maintenance > Print Head Nozzle Check. You see a screen like this:
- If you want to change the paper source that the nozzle check pattern prints on, select Paper Source. Otherwise, select Start to print the nozzle check pattern. The nozzle check pattern prints.
- Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
Print head is clean
Print head needs cleaning
- Do one of the following:
- If there are no gaps in the pattern, select the icon.
- If there are gaps or the pattern is faint, select the icon on the Head Cleaning screen. Select Start to clean the print head.
If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head three times, perform a Powerful Cleaning.
Published: 2-Oct-2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!