How do I run a cleaning cycle from the printer's control panel?
You can clean the print head using the control panel on your product.
- Make sure roll paper or cut sheet paper is loaded in the printer.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Settings > Maintenance > Head Cleaning. You see a screen like this:
- Select Start to begin the cleaning cycle. When the cleaning cycle is finished, the power light stops flashing and a confirmation screen appears.
Never open any covers or turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.
- Select Yes to print a nozzle check pattern. The nozzle pattern prints.
- Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
Print head is clean
Print head needs cleaning
- Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head, check the nozzles, and repeat the process as necessary.
Published: 22-Aug-2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!