The remote control doesn't work. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure you are within 20 feet of the projector, and within range of the projector's front or back sensor (approximately 30° to the left or right and 15° above or below).
- Make sure at least one of the projector's remote receivers (front or rear) are turned on in the Settings menu. See Customizing Projector Features.
- If a button on the remote control is held for more than 30 seconds, the remote enters sleep mode. Press any button for normal operation.
- The remote control batteries may not be installed correctly or may be low on power. See Replacing the Batteries.
- Make sure the projector is not in direct sunlight. Strong lighting, especially fluorescent lights, may affect the projector's infrared receivers. If you still have trouble using the remote control, disable one of the remote receivers using the Settings menu to block interference from bright light. See Customizing Power and Operation.
- Turn off any nearby equipment that emits infrared energy, such as a radiant room heater.
- Make sure there are no objects between the remote control and the IR receiver.
Published: 2-Jun-2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!