What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu or press the Color Mode button on the remote control to select:
- Photo - Best for projecting still images with vivid color in a bright room (computer input only).
- Sports - Best for watching TV in a bright room (component, S-video, or composite video input only).
- Presentation - Use when you're projecting a full-color presentation in a bright room.
- Text - Use when you're projecting a black and white presentation in a bright room.
- Theatre - Use when projecting movies in a dark room.
- Game - Brightest mode, best for playing video games in a bright room.
- sRGB - Use when projecting computer images conforming to the sRGB color standard.
- Blackboard - Choose this fixed color mode when you need to project against a green blackboard.
Published: 13-Mar-2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!