The remote control doesn't work. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Point the remote control towards the projector's receiver. Make sure you are within 19.7 feet (6 meters) of the projector and within a 30° horizontal angle and a 15° vertical angle from the projector's front or back receiver.
- The remote control batteries may not be installed correctly or may be low on power. See Replacing the Remote Control Batteries.
- Dim the room lights and turn off any fluorescent lights. Makesure the projector is not in direct sunlight. Strong lighting,especially fluorescent lights, may affect the projector's infrared receivers. Also, turn off any nearby equipment that emits infrared energy, such as a radiant room heater.
- If you can't adjust the room lighting, you can turn off one of the remote receivers by using the Settings menu. Make sure thereceivers are not both turned off. See Customizing Projector Features.
- Check to see if a button on the remote control is stuck down,causing it to enter sleep mode. Release the button to wake theremote.
- If you want to use the remote control as a wireless mouse (or to move through presentation slides), make sure USB Type B in the Extended menu is set to Wireless Mouse. See Customizing Power and Operation. Also,make sure you have connected the USB cable.
Published: 8-Mar-2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!