What are the different Color Modes on the Image menu used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts brightness, contrast, and color, letting you quickly optimize the projected image for various lighting environments. You can also select a different color mode for each input source, which is useful if you view different types of images from different sources.Press the Color Mode button on the remote control to change the setting:
- Dynamic—For projecting the brightest picture available.
- Living Room—For watching television programs during the day.
- THX (Home Cinema 8500 UB) or Natural (Home Cinema 8100)—For projecting natural, accurate colors in a dimly lit room.
- Theater—For viewing movies in a dimly lit room.
- Theater Black 1—For images that are close to those in professional-use broadcast monitors. Use in a fully—darkened room.
- Theater Black 2—to emphasize rich colors, like those seen in movies at theater. Use in a fully—darkened room.
- x.v Color—For the most natural color reproduction when viewing movies through HDMI.
Published: 23-Dec-2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!