What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu or press the Color Mode button on the remote control to select:
- Dynamic - For increased brightness and contrast when playing video games or watching TV in a bright room.
- Photo - For vivid, high-contrast still images in a bright room.
- Sports - For vivid TV images projected in a bright room (video, S-video, or composite video only).
- Presentation - Use when you're projecting a full-color presentation in a bright room.
- Whiteboard - For computer presentations in a bright room with black-and-white text and graphics.
- Theatre - Use when projecting movies in a dark room.
- sRGB - Use when projecting computer images conforming to the sRGB color standard.
- Blackboard - For projecting accurate colors on a green chalkboard (adjusts the white point).
Published: 10-Feb-2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!