I see the message No Signal. What should I do?
The projector has an on-screen help system you can use to solve this problem; see Using On-Screen Help. If you still see the message, check the following:
- Make sure the cables are connected correctly. See Setting Up the Projector.
- Make sure the power to your computer or video source is turned on.
- If you've connected a computer and one or more video sources, you may need to press the Source Search button on the projector or the remote control to select the image source. Allow a few seconds for the projector to sync up after pressing the button.
- If you've connected a laptop computer, make sure it's set to display on an external monitor. If you're using a PC laptop:
- Hold down the Fn key and press the function key that lets you display on an external monitor. It may have an icon such as or it may be labelled CRT/LCD. Allow a few seconds for the projector to sync up after pressing it. Check your laptop's manual or online help for details.
On most systems, the or CRT/LCD key lets you toggle between the LCD screen and the projector, or display on both at the same time.
- If you're projecting from a laptop, and you don't see the same image on the projection screen and computer screen, check your monitor settings to make sure both the LCD screen and the external monitor port are enabled.
From the Control Panel, open the Display utility. Click the Settings tab, then click Advanced. The method for adjusting the setting varies by brand; you may need to click a Monitor tab, then make sure the external Monitor port is set as your primary display and/or enabled. See your computer's documentation or online help for details.
If you're using a Macintosh laptop with OS X:
You may need to set up your system to display on the projector screen as well as the LCD screen. Do the following:
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Display or Displays.
- Click Detect Displays.
- Make sure the VGA Display or Color LCD dialog box is selected.
- Click the Arrangement or Arrange tab.
- Make sure the Mirror Displays checkbox is selected.
Published: 9-Mar-2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!