The remote control doesn't work. What should I do?
Try the following:
- If the projector does not come on when you press the power button or shuts off unexpectedly, try the following solutions:
- Make sure the power cord is securely connected to the projector and to a working electrical outlet.
- The projector's buttons may be locked for security. Unlock the buttons or use the remote control to turn on the projector.
- The power cord may be defective. Disconnect the cord and contact Epson.
- If the projector's lamp shuts off unexpectedly, it may have entered sleep mode after a period of inactivity. Begin a presentation to wake the projector.
- If the projector's lamp shuts off and the power and Temp lights are red, the projector has overheated and shut off. Check the solutions for this light status.
- If the power button on the remote control does not turn on the projector, check its batteries and make sure the Remote Receivers setting is turned on in the projector's menus, if available.
- If the projector does not respond to remote control commands, try the following solutions:
- Check that the remote control batteries are installed correctly and have power. If necessary, replace the batteries.
- Make sure you are operating the remote control within the reception angle and range of the projector.
- Check to see if a button on the remote control is stuck down, causing it to enter sleep mode. Release the button to wake the remote control up.
- Strong fluorescent lighting, direct sunlight, or infrared device signals may be interfering with the projector's remote receivers. Dim the lights or move the projector away from the sun or interfering equipment.
- If available, turn off one of the remote receivers in the projector's menu system, or check if all the remote receivers were turned off.
- If you assigned an ID number to the remote control to operate multiple projectors, you may need to check or change the ID setting (feature not available with all projectors).
- If you lose the remote control, you can order another one from Epson.
Projector Feature Settings - Settings Menu
Projector Light Status
Optional Equipment and Replacement Parts
Remote Control Operation
Unlocking the Projector's Buttons
Published: 22-Aug-2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!