There is no sound. What should I do?
If there is no sound when you expect it or the volume is too low or high, try the following solutions:
- Adjust the projector's volume settings.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control to resume video and audio if they were temporarily stopped.
- Press the Source Search or Search button to switch to the correct input source, if necessary.
- Check your computer or video source to make sure the volume is turned up and the audio output is set for the correct source.
- Check the audio cable connections between the projector and your video source.
- If you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, set the connected device to PCM output.
- Make sure any connected audio cables are labeled "No Resistance".
- If you are using a Mac and you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, make sure your Mac supports audio through the HDMI port. If not, you need to connect an audio cable.
- If you want to use a connected audio source when the projector is off, set the Standby Mode option to Communication On and make sure the A/V Settings options are set correctly.
- If you turn the projector on immediately after turning it off, the cooling fans may run at high speed momentarily and cause an unexpected noise. This is normal.
- You must connect external speakers to the PowerLite Pro G6800 and G6900WU models to hear audio.
Connecting to a Computer for Sound
Connecting to a Video Source for Sound
Connecting to External Speakers
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
Published: 16-Jul-2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!