How do I replace the lamp?
Before you replace the lamp, let the projector cool down for at least one hour so the lamp will not be hot.
Warning: Let the lamp fully cool before replacing it to avoid injury.
You can replace the lamp while the projector is mounted to the ceiling, if necessary.
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector lamp to cool down for at least one hour.
- Slide the lamp cover latch to the Open position and slide the lamp cover to the left.
- Open the lamp cover.
- Pull up the lock lever for the lamp you want to replace and pull the lamp straight out of the projector.
1 Lamp 1 2 Lamp 2
Note: The lamp(s) in this product contain mercury. Please consult your state and local regulations regarding disposal or recycling. Do not put in the trash.
- Gently insert the new lamp into the projector. If it does not fit easily, make sure it is facing the right way.
Do not touch any glass on the lamp assembly to avoid premature lamp failure.
- Flip down the lock lever and press until it clicks into place.
- Close the lamp cover.
- Slide the lamp cover to the right until it clicks, and slide the lamp cover latch to the Close position.
Note: Be sure the lamp cover is securely installed or the lamp will not come on.
Reset the lamp timer to zero to keep track of the new lamp’s usage.Related tasks
Resetting the Lamp Timer
Optional Equipment and Replacement Parts
Published: 14-Jul-2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!