How do I replace the lamp?
Before you replace the lamp, let the projector cool down for at least one hour so the lamp will not be hot.
Warning: Let the lamp fully cool before replacing it to avoid injury.
You can replace the lamp while the projector is mounted to the ceiling, if necessary.
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector lamp to cool down for at least one hour.
- Use the screwdriver included with the replacement lamp to loosen the screw securing the lamp cover.
Warning: If the lamp is broken, glass fragments may be loose inside the lamp chamber. Be careful removing any broken glass to avoid injury.
- Slide the lamp cover out and lift it off.
- Lift up the metal bar securing the lamp.
- Lift up the lamp handle and gently pull the lamp out of the projector.
Lift the lamp handle carefully to avoid damaging the handle as you pull out the lamp.
Note: The lamp(s) in this product contain mercury. Please consult your state and local regulations regarding disposal or recycling. Do not put in the trash.
- Gently insert the new lamp into the projector. If it does not fit easily, make sure it is facing the right way. Press down on the area shown to secure the lamp in place.
Do not touch any glass on the lamp assembly to avoid premature lamp failure.
- Press the metal bar down over the lamp until it clicks into place on both sides.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw to secure it.
Note: Be sure the lamp cover is securely installed or the lamp will not come on.
Reset the lamp timer to zero to keep track of the new lamp's usage.Related tasks
Resetting the Lamp Timer
Optional Equipment and Replacement Parts