There is no sound. What should I do?
If there is no sound when you expect it or the volume is too low or high, try the following solutions:
- Adjust the projector's volume settings.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control to resume video and audio if they were temporarily stopped.
- Press the Source Search button to switch to the correct input source, if necessary.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the audio cable.
- If you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, set the connected device to PCM output.
- Make sure any connected audio cables are labeled "No Resistance".
- If you are using a Mac and you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, make sure your Mac supports audio through the HDMI port. If not, you need to connect an audio cable.
- If you want to use a connected audio source when the projector is off, set the Standby Mode option to Communication On and make sure the A/V Settings options are set correctly.
- If the volume for the computer is set to the minimum while the projector's volume is set to maximum, the noise may be mixed. Turn up the computer's volume and decrease the projector's volume.
- If you turn the projector on immediately after turning it off, the cooling fans may run at high speed momentarily and cause an unexpected noise. This is normal.
Connecting to a Computer for Sound
Connecting to a Video Source for Sound
Controlling the Volume with the Volume Buttons
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
Published: 12-Jul-2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!