There is no sound. What should I do?
If there is no sound when you expect it or the volume is too low or high, try the following solutions:
- Adjust the projector's volume settings.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control to resume video and audio if they were temporarily stopped.
- Check your computer or video source to make sure the volume is turned up and the audio output is set for the correct source.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the audio cable.
- Check the audio cable connections between the projector and your video source.
- If you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, set the connected device to PCM output.
- Make sure any connected audio cables are labeled "No Resistance."
- If you are using the USB Display function, turn on the Output audio from the projector setting in the Epson USB Display Settings program on your computer.
- If you are using a Mac and you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, make sure your Mac supports audio through the HDMI port. If not, you need to connect an audio cable.
- If you want to use a connected audio source when the projector is off, set the Standby Mode option to Communication On in the ECO menu.
- Make sure the A/V Settings options are set up correctly in the Extended menu.
- If you hear a hissing sound from your projector's speakers when projecting from a computer running Windows 10 over a network, you may need to adjust the Windows 10 sound properties:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the Windows taskbar and select Sounds.
- Click the Playback tab, select the playback device, and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, set the sample rate and bit depth setting to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality), click Apply, and click OK.
Note: These steps may vary depending on the Windows 10 version you are using.
- If you turn the projector on immediately after turning it off, the cooling fans may run at high speed momentarily and cause an unexpected noise. This is normal.
Projector Setup Settings - ECO Menu
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
Published: 21-Jan-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!