The finger touch interactivity does not work. What should I do?
If finger touch interactivity does not work, try the following solutions:
- Make sure a Touch Unit is installed correctly and the cable is properly connected. See your projector's online Installation Guide for details.
- If the light on the Touch Unit is not on, check the Touch Unit settings in the Pen/Touch menu and make sure the Power setting is set to On.
- If you are using a Mac with your projector, make sure that you installed the Easy Interactive Tools software, and that you have downloaded and installed the latest Easy Interactive Driver from the Epson support site.
- Adjust the angle on the Touch Unit. See your projector's online Installation Guide for details.
- Make sure there are no obstacles (such as cables) between the Touch Unit's laser diffusion ports and the projection surface. If there are any obstacles that are difficult to move, attach the infrared deflectors to the projection surface. See your projector's online Installation Guide for details.
- Remove any decorative lights from around the projector or projection surface.
- If you are having difficulty double-clicking on a Mac, go to the System Preferences menu, select Mouse, Trackpad, or Mouse & Trackpad, and reduce the Double-click speed.
- Make sure there is no interference from infrared remote controls, mice, or infrared microphones.
- Make sure you have performed pen calibration and finger touch calibration. Try recalibrating.
- Keep your clothing or parts of your body more than 0.4 inches (1 cm) away from the projection surface.
- If there are people within 4 inches (10 cm) in front of or around the projection screen or there are any obstacles causing interference, touch operations may not work properly.
- If touch operation does not work correctly even after calibration, check the Calibration Range setting in the Pen/Touch menu. Select Wide if you drag items when touching the screen or Narrow if mouse operations do not work smoothly.
Published: 26-Aug-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!