My interactive pen doesn't work, or it's slow or hard to use. What should I do?
Solutions When the Interactive Pens Do Not Work
If the interactive pens do not work, try the following solutions:
- The pens turn off automatically when not in use. Pick up the pen to turn it back on.
- Make sure PC Interactivity is set to On on the projector's interactive toolbar.
- Make sure you are not covering the black section near the tip of the pen.
- Make sure the pen tip is securely attached to the pen.
- Try replacing the soft pen tip with the hard pen tip.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the signal between the pen and the interactive pen receiver on the projector.
- Try holding the pen at a different angle so that your hand is not blocking the signal.
- Make sure the pen battery has enough power. Press the button on the side of the pen to check remaining battery power. Try replacing the battery.
- If you are projecting from a computer, make sure the USB cable is connected to the computer and projector.
- Dim the room lights and turn off any fluorescent lights. Make sure the projection surface and pen receiver are not in direct sunlight or other sources of bright lighting.
- Remove any decorative lights from around the projector or projection surface.
- If the pen tip is worn out or damaged, you may need to replace it.
- Make sure the interactive pen receiver on the projector is clean and free from dust.
- Make sure there is no interference from infrared remote controls, mice, or infrared microphones.
- Make sure you have calibrated the system. Try recalibrating.
- If you are using a Mac with your projector, make sure that you installed the Easy Interactive Tools software, and that you have downloaded and installed the latest Easy Interactive Driver from the Epson support site.
- If you are using multiple interactive projectors in the same room, make sure you are using a sync cable between the projectors and that the Installation of Projectors > Sync of Projectors setting in the Pen/Touch menu is set to Wired.
- If you are using Epson iProjection (Windows/Mac) software, select and make sure Use Interactive Pen is enabled. Also, select the Adjust performance tab and select Transfer layered window.
- If you are using a Quick Wireless Connection USB Key, start the Epson Quick Wireless Connections Settings program on your computer, select the General settings tab and make sure Use Interactive Pen is enabled. Also, select the Adjust performance tab and select Transfer layered window.
Published: 26-Aug-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!