Nothing projects on the screen. What should I do?
If no image appears, try the following solutions:
- Make sure the lens cover is open all the way.
- Press the A/V mute button on the projector remote control to see if the image was temporarily turned off.
- Check the status lights to confirm the projector is operating normally.
- Make sure all necessary cables are securely connected and the power is on for the projector and connected video sources.
- Try using a shorter HDMI cable.
- Press the projector's power button to wake it from standby or sleep mode. Also see if your connected computer is in sleep mode or displaying a blank screen saver.
- Press the Menu button on the projector remote control. If the projector menu displays, there may be a problem with the connected video source, cable connection, or port.
- Check the settings on the Signal menu to make sure they are correct for the current video source.
- Adjust the Brightness setting or select the Normal Power Consumption setting.
- Check the Display setting to make sure Messages is set to On.
- If the projector does not respond when you press the control panel buttons, the buttons may be locked. Unlock the buttons. Press and hold the power button for 7 seconds or use the remote control.
- For images projected with Windows Media Center, reduce the screen size from full screen mode.
- For images projected from applications using Windows DirectX, turn off DirectX functions.
- If you are projecting from a laptop computer, make sure it is set up to display on an external monitor.
- The projector may not be able to project copyrighted videos that you play back on a computer. For details, see the manual supplied with your computer.
- If the other solutions do not solve the problem, reset all of the projector settings using the options on the Reset menu.
Opening the Lens Cover
Shutting Off the Picture and Sound Temporarily
Projector Light Status
Image Quality Settings - Image Menu
Input Signal Settings - Signal Menu
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
Published: 22-Oct-2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!